A Brief History of Idaho Springs Lodge #26 A.F. & A.M.
- Under Dispensation by the Grand Lodge of Kansas July – Fourteenth, 1874
- Chartered – September – Twenty Second, 1875
- Consolidated with Evergreen Lodge #179 January 25, 1993
210 Seventeenth Avenue
This two story brick structure was built in 1883 by Henry Wilson as a hotel. In 1885 -the Colorado Mining Gazette occupied the lower floors along with the armory.
The upper floor was used by a number of different lodges.
The Idaho Springs Masonic Lodge No. 26 – A.F. & A.M. began leasing the building in 1884 for $25.00 per month. The Lodge then purchased the property in 1890.
Decorated cast-iron pilasters on the ends and one in the center highlight engaged columns which frame recessed doors. The metal boxed, decorated cornice with brackets is typical of construction during this period.