|HOME PAGE||Our Lodge||HOME PAGE|
History of Idaho Springs Lodge #26 A. F. & A. M
Under Dispensation by the Grand Lodge of Kansas
July - Fourteenth, 1874
Chartered - September - Twenty Second, 1875
Consolidated with Evergreen Lodge #179
January 25, 1993
210 Seventeenth Avenue
This two story brick structure was built in 1883 by Henry Wilson
as a hotel. In 1885 -the Colorado Mining Gazette occupied the
lower floors along with the armory.
The upper floor was used by a number of different lodges.
The Idaho Springs Masonic Lodge No. 26 - A. F. & A. M. began
leasing the building in 1884 for $25.00 per month. The Lodge
then purchased the property in 1890.
Decorated cast-iron pilasters on the ends and one in the center
highlight engaged columns which frame recessed doors.
The metal boxed, decorated cornice with brackets
is typical of construction during this period.
This site is operated by
the Grand Lodge of Colorado for the benefit of our brethren in Idaho